Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A meme...

DIRECTIONS: I was sent this meme by a woman I know through
my church work. I thought I'd share it here.

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My parents decided my
brother and I would have the same initials as my dad; also
my middle name is the same as my mother's given name.

2. ARE YOU AN ONLY CHILD? NO

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? It's ok.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Honey Turkey.

5. ARE THERE CHILDREN IN YOUR LIFE? Yes, 2 of my own plus
their friends, plus those from churches I have served,
plus plus plus

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS
WITH YOU? I hope so...

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Not as much as I used to.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? I was supposed to have
them out in 5th grade, but my mother worried about my voice
being changed, so... still have 'em.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Ah, no. That would be "No."

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Oat Squares

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
No, only when I put them on.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Yes, stronger than I knew.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DRINK? Coffee, Coke, Chardonnay,
Cosmopolitan.

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Whether they are male or female (a shout out to Katharine Hepburn in
"Desk Set")

15. RED OR PINK? Red

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My selfishness.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My mom, my fairy godmother.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO DO THIS MEME? If they
can, if they'd like to-- on their own blogs, if they
have one, or in the comments. It could be fun!

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Grey
sweats and white sneakers.

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? 1/2 cup part skim
ricotta mixed with 1/2 cup oats and 1 cup raspberries,
sweetened with sugar free caramel syrup (the kind people
put in their coffee)

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Birdsong,
refrigerator humming

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Purple.

23. FAVORITE SMELLS bread baking, garlic sauteeing, fresh
grass, lilacs in bloom.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE
PHONE? Pal to schedule lunch.

25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I like her
immensely AND I admire her. She is cool.

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Baseball and tennis.

27. HAIR COLOR? Brown tinged with grey.

28. EYE COLOR? Blue

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No. But ask me if I wear glasses.
Yes. If I can see without my glasses? Yes, but I cannot read.
Not at all. Alarmed my children at a restaurant recently by
asking them to hold a menu far, far away from me so that I
could read it. My daughter ended up reading to me. Sad, this
middle age.

30. FAVORITE FOOD? Italian: spaghetti and meatballs;
Chinese: sesame chicken; homemade chocolate chip cookies.

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy Endings all
the way.

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Lianna by John Sayles. Sort
of a happy/ sad ending

33. COLOR OF SHIRT YOU ARE WEARING? Aqua T-shirt.

34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer for weather, winter for in-
door coziness.

35. HUGS OR KISSES? Both, thank you.

36. FAVORITE DESSERT? Chocolate Chip cookies, apple crisp.

37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? The one who started it.

38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Not sure.

39. WHAT BOOK(S) ARE YOU READING? "On Beauty" by
Zadie Smith, a novel inspired by E. M. Forster's "Howard's End"; and
"The Jesus Dynasty: The Hidden Story of Jesus, His Royal Family
and the Birth of Christianity" by James Tabor. I recommend the first,
but don't recommend the second. The Tabor feels like a Geraldo Rivera
special-- very disappointing.

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Laptop-- no mousepad.

41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? TiVo'd "Desperate
Housewives" Season Finale. EDIE!!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!

42. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SOUND? Ocean waves crashing.

43. WHAT IS THE FURTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Greece, when I was 15.

44. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? All things auditory--
music, language, imitation.

45. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Philadelphia, PA.

46. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING
BACK? Everyone and anyone.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Cecilia, do you have any idea how truly special and unique you are? We have a lot in common, and yes I will be you friend! If you'll have me...sigh. Just reading the whole thing was a bit exhausting if not a true delight! Your Beloved must be so proud of you and feel blest.

Catherine+