Saturday, October 11, 2008

Turns Out...

... I'm a middle aged woman!! Seriously. Some polyps (not the scary kind). An ulcer (now there's a surprise! They think I've been overdosing on an over the counter anti-inflammatory drug). But "nothing remarkable," according to my nice gastroenterologist. Lots and lots of tissues biopsied (even though it all looked pretty healthy) because microscopic colitis (which you can only see, um, under a microscope) and Celiac disease (ditto) are possibilities.

So there you have it. I am so grateful for all your prayers. The prep is kind of gross, but Beloved said I made it look easy (and she prides herself on being a tough Yankee, so that is high praise from her). I am still a little achy, because, you know, they poked around inside me. (Evidently I woke up at one point and said "That hurts"... I remember opening my eyes and seeing something intestine-y on a big screen... so they injected just a bit more of the nice drugs and I went right to sleep again). But... I feel such a great relief that nothing Big and Scary was found. Thank you, friends, for being the voice of God reassuring me and for the blanket of prayers surrounding me. I love this community.

9 comments:

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

Praise God! Thanks for letting us know.

PamBG said...

So pleased to hear your good news. :-)

suzanne said...

Good news indeed, Cecilia.

Processing Counselor said...

Celiac disease would change your diet completely! My niece has it, no gluten. But nothing that will kill you. Great news!

Sarah S-D said...

oh... so good. alleluia!

Fran said...

So glad to read this!

And you are much beloved in this community. Isn't this all so amazing when you stop to think about it? How we connect? Support each other? Pray together and for each other?

Blessings to you always.

KJ said...

Thanks be to God!

wisdomteachesme said...

yes, thanks be to God.
:)

Jane R said...

Whew! Thank you, Godde. Alleluia.