Thursday, June 26, 2008

Anniversary

Last year I told the story of my first date with Beloved, on what was our three-year anniversary. You can read it here.

Tonight we will celebrate our four-year-anniversary. We are going to dinner with friends, and we are going to... a drag show. I am so excited. Not long ago we saw this film; if you have any fondness for any gay people in your life at all... do see it. At the screening we attended, the audience roared, cheering, multiple times throughout the show.

This year, big food and alcohol will not be a part of our anniversary celebrations (well, I believe Beloved may have a martini or some wine at the drag show...). Today I celebrate our anniversary about 40 lbs lighter than I was at this time last year.

Loving my life, one day at a time, by the grace of God.

13 comments:

Josephine- said...

Congratulation Cecilia, to you and Beloved. :)

And wow, BIG congrats to you on those missing 40 pounds, that's an incredible accomplishment!

Fran said...

Congrats on the anniversary- may you both continue to be richly blessed as you grow in love and commitment.

And 40 lbs - that is GREAT.

Have fun. I am adding that movie to my netflix list pronto!!

I have a funny drag show story that I have tried to write, but it demands telling so far.

One day, one day.

Suzer said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Beloved!

And many congratulations on the weight loss, as well.

Enjoy the show! :)

Jan said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary to you both!

And congratulations on losing 40 lb.! That's how much I'd like to lose, but I have not been as committed as you. I really applaud you! Good!

Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on all your happy events!

Choralgrrl said...

Congrats...in several directions! Have a great evening. :-)

KJ said...

Congratulations!

I've been out 9 years, and have YET to make it to a drag show. I'm pretty sure I'm missing out.

Anonymous said...

Cecilia, Congratulations on four years and forty pounds!

Hidden in Christ said...

way to go sistuh!!! congrats on all of the above!!!

Kate said...

Congratulations you too! That rocks. :)

I've never been to a drag show, but I went to a strip club and stuck a dollar on a stripper's g-string once. Close enough?

She had to be in her 40s (judging by the skin on her back) and was beautiful. Beautiful. Because she loved what she did -- you could see it in every move she made up there.

Stephanie said...

WoW! Happy Anniversary and way to go on the 40 pounds!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and Beloved on your anniversary! And to you on your 40 pound loss. The sense of a certain peace and contentment resounds in your writing...like you are in a good place and that it gets better every day. Best of everything to you both!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, C. You are beautiful.

IT