Monday, June 2, 2008

Happenings of a Late Spring Day

Today was the day...

~ of a local LGBTQ event in which I participated, all collared up and with my rainbow-hued stole. No more feedback from the congregation (or the staff). Just putting one foot ever so slightly ahead of the other and shuffling forward.

~ when I ran into two friends (the ones who came to my church and helped me to out myself to my congregant) and that congregant, at said LGBTQ event. And one of them said, in that Wicked Witch of the West voice, "She's melting!" I thought for a moment they were referring to my perspiring (My mother told me that, according to the original Emily Post, "Horses sweat; men perspire; ladies dew."). Then I realized... they were referring to a my weight loss. I am losing weight. I suppose it's visible. The office administrator has mentioned it. The sexton said, very sweetly, "Reverend, I know it's awkward to say something like this to a lady, but whatever it is you are doing, it's working."

~ when Hope returned. You can read her comment here. We are so, so glad she's still reading and staying connected to the blogosphere.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

All these things make me smile!

Jan said...

You are definitely moving ahead! And it is so rewarding to hear about your weight loss, which I am hoping to emulate eventually. Go, girl!

LittleMary said...

wow. melting! people really are noticing. hoping that isn't scaring you too much. proud of you girl.

Fran said...

What a gift - you are being who you are! I love that.