Monday, June 16, 2008

You Folks Get Quick Action

As I drove from a meeting about 30 miles away back towards my church, Beloved called me.

In the words of Emily Litella, "Never mind."

All the anxiety of the weekend... during which Beloved and I had many heartfelt talks about life, death, the death of her mother, what will happen to her business should she be incapacitated by surgery and/ or other treatments... vanished with the words, "I'm ok."

Short version: the staff person at Beloved's primary care doc's office (a lovely woman) called on Friday and told Beloved that a recent test revealed "something" on one of those organs we all like to hang onto (as long as we want to, you know, keep living). "It could be a simple lesion," she said, "or it could be something else. The doctor wants you to have a CT scan as quickly as possible."

Beloved says she went blank at about that point, and heard little else the woman said. The "else" turns out to have been incredibly important: "The doctor is confident it's nothing to worry about." For some reason, my love did not hear those words. She was already thinking of how her mother died of cancer of this very organ.

So, she still gets a CT scan later this week. She still needs follow-up to help her understand why she's having the symptoms she's having. But the scary, sword-of-Damocles dangling sensation is gone for today.

Thank you for your prayers. One way or another, they worked. Bless you.

10 comments:

August said...

This is awesome! I'm still sending prayers for Wed.

Processing Counselor said...

My prayers are with you. Even if it is "nothing to worry about"-you no doubt will.

Choralgrrl said...

Yee haaaaa!!!

Unknown said...

You have quite a prayer team!

Fran said...

PRAISE GOD!

Such good news.

KJ said...

Thanks be to God!

LittleMary said...

excellent work.

Anonymous said...

I think these are moments that force us to slough off the minutiae and unimportant issues that crowd our days, and focus instead on what matters.

What matters here is love, joy, relief, and partnership.

Joy to you both.

Suzer said...

Cecilia -- I missed this completely in the craziness of the past couple of days. Prayers headed yours and Beloved's way.

3Things -- So sorry to see you've gone private on your blog, but I understand why. You are a good writer, and I hope you'll continue your music, writing, etc. in some other venue.

Anonymous said...

Cecilia, you and your Beloved will remain in my prayers as you pass through this valley. Prayer is a powerful and wonderful thing and I pray God brings you comfort and peace.