Hi there friends.
I didn't mean to disappear. This happens in blogland, at least to me.... I just got overwhelmed for a bit. Came down with a cough/ sinus infection/ flu-like thing that had me in bed the entire three days before Pentecost... and none too energetic that day, either. Anyway, dear Sarah from "Seeking to Build a Bridge" played this game as a part of her re-entry into blogging after an absence. I'm imitating her.
99 Things About Me (Everything that I have done is in bold)
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to DisneyWorld
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch-hiked-- nah, too much a "good girl."
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill-- does a "personal day" fall under this category? Better bold it....
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a Marathon-- no, but I did the Walk for Hunger in Boston, 20 miles.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied... Is this a trick question? I have enough money. That is not what satisfies me! My relationships (including my relationship with God), my family, my work... those are the things that satisfy.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business .
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia- Czech republic
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book... no, but an article.
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life... No, but someone saved mine, from a riptide in the Atlantic Ocean. An off-duty cop. Still friends with his sons.
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
... Arnold Schwarzenegger (at a shop in Palm Beach: he held my son, who was 1 at the time), Gordon MacRae (he was the romantic lead opposite me in a play in college), Joan Chittister (she was one of my professors in my first Master's program), Raymond Brown (ditto-- we may be getting into people who are only "famous" to theology geeks"), Marcus Borg... maybe others?
92. Joined a book club
93. Got a tattoo
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee