*I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
*Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
*People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
*At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
*Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. The last rock concert I went to was the Dave Matthews Band, with both my children and a friend of theirs. Except for the rampant substance abuse (including onstage, apparently) I loved every minute of it.
2. The first rock concert I went to was George Harrison, the Dark Horse tour. There was also rampant substance abuse there (as well as in the car in which I was traveling, God help me).
3. I have seen the Indigo Girls four times-- which makes me an only moderately enthusiastic fan, as, apparently, it's a given that their fans follow them around like crazy. But I do love them. (But you could have guessed that, probably).
4. The next concert I will see will be Lucinda Williams. I'm taking Beloved for her birthday. Shhhhhhh!
5. My current favorite song is from the musical that just won the Tony award, "Spring Awakening." It's called "The B#*@h of Living" and it is about the torment of being an adolescent. It also rocks. Go here for the music video...
6. If I had to choose just one classical composer to listen to for the rest of my life it would be Brahms, no question, and I would be perfectly happy. String quartets, clarinet quintet, solo piano works, symphonies, art songs-- there's not a work in his repertoire that I couldn't listen to over and over. Here are the lyrics to my favorite art song, Immer leiser wird mein Schlummer....
My slumber grows ever more peaceful; and only like a thin veil now does my anxiety lie trembling upon me. Often in my dreams I hear you calling outside my door; no one is awake to let you in, and I wake up and weep bitterly. Yes, I will have to die; another will you kiss, when I am pale and cold. Before the May breezes blow, before the thrush sings in the forest: if you wish to see me once more, come, o come soon! 7, On my iPod right now: "An' Another Thing," Dave Matthews (solo album) Rain for me oh you but called me It’s my broken heart just where you leave me Now I say to you, “ooooh boy.” Weight on my head You won’t go up, oh Weight on my head Oooh ooh my babe... Stay a minute just to hear you waitin’, And no one confine her Sweet and tender won’t you go out again? Oh, rain on my head Wouldn’t you Rain on my head? Oh, someone take off a Weight all alone Ahh, I met a girl recently. All in a sudden, all a suddenly Nobody deal for the woe of the world Wait, all a sudden, all a suddenly It will all would be, all would be over Wait, come on rain on my head. Water water! Dates, Many, many dates how you all die. Oh rain money, Grow a war at heart And in the fire, One out of a million. .. wait a minute, Touch your look on me Denial, denial Touch your work with me Do not deny Rain on my head Rain on my head Rain on my head Rain on my head Nah, I'm not sure what it means either. But it has the most piercing sound of longing...8. This meme isn't supposed to be all about music. I just did that. For some reason.
Now I tag...
More Cows (You've Really Got to Love Your People)
Little Mary (We Do It Too)
Jan Edmiston (Church for Starving Artists)
Kate (Seeking Chivalry)
Milton (Don't Eat Alone)
Mother Laura (Junia's Daughter)
Share Cropper (23 Acres)
Aghaveagh (The Moon By Night)
Forgive me.... but it was fun!