Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Change of Seasons

It is time for this blog to go from being public to private. Suffice to say, I have been somewhat foolish in believing I could be so open about much that is very intimate in a public forum. Beloved warned me, God bless her. But I have learned that someone was very hurt by something I wrote here-- something I believed sincerely to be true, but which I am open to having clarified. In the wake of this, I recognize that therapy is therapy, blogs are blogs, and I have crossed that line here in a way that has the potential to hurt others, even if I believe I am speaking my truth from the heart.

So. Those of you who are interested in remaining connected with this blog, please send an email to revceciliapastorATyahooDOTcom. I will go private in a week or so.

In the meantime, I will ponder how I might repair the damage I have done.

6 comments:

Jules said...

Oh, dear one. I'm so sorry. I'll read you wherever you end up.

susankay said...

Cecilia -- sometimes we are not responsible for "repairing damage". We "only" need to pray for healing for the one who hurts. I will ask to be invited to your new blog because I have found your honesty breathtaking.

MadPriest said...

Thank you for letting us travel with you this far. You may be worrying now about some harm you may, or may not, have caused. But, believe me, your story, told through this blog, has inspired and encouraged and freed the captives.

Why not just cache everything and start afresh? Blogger even allows you to keep the same address. I did exactly that when I decided to be more responsible in my blogging. You could set up a second, private blog just for those you trust. I did that as well. So now I enjoy both the blogging and the therapy.

Rock in the Grass (Pete Grassow) said...

Sweetheart: you are dearly loved from down south in Cape Town. I will follow you. Peace.

Jan said...

MP has a good idea. I would like to keep up with you in some way or form.

St.Mary's-by-the-Woods said...

I've read MadPriest's comments and I concur. You needn't restrict yourself to a single blog. Keep one private and, if there are things you wish to share with others, then use the other one. Or more than one. I'm rather blog-crazy and have six running. Thanks so very much for your presence in this nutty thing called cyperspace. Many Blessings.