Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Looking Back on 2007*

* Thanks Little Mary! A little confused on the year. Briefly.

Taking the cues of many other bloggers, I present, with all good wishes for a bright new year, filled with blessings, some of my most memorable moments of 2007:

1. Whisking off Beloved for an awesome concert in honor of her birthday, complete with a gorgeous picnic lunch prepared by me, and a nice bottle of wine.

2. The third cursed Valentine's Day in a row:
2005: I am sick
2006: Beloved is sick
2007: 16 inches of snow and no way to get to one another except by phone.
(The one before these was amazing though... we traveled to see "The Gates" in Central Park. Absolutely magical.)

3. A day in May when, working in my yard, I thought I heard God speaking to me (through my iPod, naturally).

4. A glorious vacation taken with my children, in which we really connected (the lack of a computer may have had something to do with that), and I felt that they were really healed, whole and on their way from the difficult transitions of the past several years.

5. Starting this blog, feeling very much in need of support, and finding it. Thank you.

7 comments:

RevDrKate said...

I'm glad you reviewed your year with your link to your post in May...that one was really stunning. Thanks and a blessed new year to you and Beloved. Here's to a better Valentine's Day in 2008!

Presbyfruit's History Bits said...

Sounds like a pretty good year.

Blessings and peace to you and your Beloved.

LittleMary said...

do you mean 2007??

Cecilia said...

Little Mary, thanks. Indeed! 2007.

Jan said...

I feel the same as you about starting blogging in the past year. Blessings for you and Beloved.

Barbara B. said...

hope '08 is great for you and Beloved!

Diane M. Roth said...

yes, thank you for this, and the link was awesome. it seems a lot of us started in 2007.