Saturday, March 23, 2013

Palm Sunday Eve...

He Qi "Triumphant Entry Into Jerusalem" He Qi Gallery


... and, like many pastors, I am writing a sermon. Well, really a sermonette. A meditation.

It is the custom of my congregation to have a cantata on Palm Sunday. (Also the third Sunday in Advent). Sometimes I quietly rail to myself, because... well, I do love preaching. It feels very central to my role and responsibility to the congregation.

But there are many ways to proclaim the Good News... which, by the way, is: God is love. Nothing changes that. (This to some angry commenters who have found this largely inactive blog and still feel the need to say otherwise.) So. God is love. And that is very much a part of the Palm Sunday story, in which a God who is love comes face to face with those who think God is Anger, or God is Smiter, or God is Collaborator, or even God is Gay-Hater. Nope. God is Love.

Nothing changes that.

Tomorrow I will be preaching a tiny sermon/ meditation because, guess what? Our cantata is a little shorter than usual. So I get to preach, which makes me happy.

Do you know what else makes me happy? You.

I keep stepping away from this blog because, some time ago, I lost the joy in writing here because of a response to something I wrote. I think (and hope and pray) that relationship is mended now-- I think it is where it needs to be.

But I keep hearing... through comments to old posts, through Facebook interactions, through the grapevine... that you are there, and you still feel that there is a community here worth gathering again, Still.

So. Once again. I will try to be present here. I will try to reclaim the joy in blogging, the same joy I find in my work, in my love, in my family, in my God, which caused me to start this blog in the first place.

On the eve of the day in which God who is love rides humbly into the holy city and weeps, I say to you: thank you for all you are, for all you bring to this place, and for all your encouragement to tiny sparks of community here and there and everywhere.

5 comments:

Fran said...

Lovely. I will keep you and your community and prayer. You are very present to me right now as we remember the second anniversary of Olga's passing. Your kindness to us during her illness and afterward made such a hard time a bit easier.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I'm looking for encouragement. Already got some from you here. Keep it up, please :)
-deb

Barbara said...

So glad you are back to blogging. Your writing is such an encouragement to me.hereatrip 233

Cynthia Knox said...

So glad you are back. I enjoyed your writing and receive encouragement that God does love me. Thank you.

Cynthia Knox said...

305Thank you for writing again. I enjoyed your writing and your relationship with God it gave me encouragement that God does love me.