Here are some good things that happened today:
* I am abstinent, day 5; probably I won't be reporting on the number of days again unless I slip back into a struggling mode. But things are good and calm and feeling like they're where they should be with food. Hallelujah!
* I spoke to my Beloved on the phone this morning, and we are... so in love, and very committed to one another, and grateful we have one another when we face life's challenges.
* I spoke to my brother yesterday... a fairly rare occurrence... but I am grateful that he felt he could reach out to me during a tough moment.
Here are some challenging things that the people I love and I are facing in coming days and weeks:
* Beloved will shortly be scheduled for one of those "should be routine, unless things really, really go wrong" procedures... and I wish I didn't know that things go wrong close to 5 % of the time in this case. One in twenty. These are odds I don't like for the love of my life, but it is what it is.
* As a result we've had to cancel what would have been a fun little trip we're going to take, and I've had to cancel other plans I was looking forward to as well. It's ok. Those other things will happen.
* My brother is one more victim of the current economy. If you are inclined to pray, pray for "Stanley", and God will know who you mean.
* A dear woman is beginning to learn what it is like to live without the man she has loved and lived with for many, many years.
Life is good and life is hard. Don't feel compelled to comment. Just keeping you posted.