Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Heartache

My Beloved has a pain in her heart.


She wasn't really aware of it, though she did notice little things: a tightness that seemed like she needed to cough, but which a cough did not relieve. Jaw pain, scary enough to send her to the doctor's office last summer... but he found nothing.


Last month Beloved had a scan of something else entirely, but which captured enough of her cardiac tissue for the doctor to notice some changes that concerned him. He sent her for a stress test, which revealed blockages.


Tomorrow morning we go to the hospital for Beloved to have a procedure that is very routine for many people... but there's nothing routine when it's the love of your life. It could go swimmingly, and she could be home the same night (I'm hoping she'll consent to coming to my home, so that I can care for her... but she's a funny one. She'll want to be in her own space, even if it means I can't stay with her). She could require some additional procedures. Or, if the situation is more advanced than expected, she could require major surgery.


A friend told me she was quite anxious when her father had to have this procedure, but a wise friend with medical knowledge said. "Don't worry about the heart. Worry about getting hit by a bus. The heart, we can fix."


So, ok. I'll do that. But in the meantime... for this decidedly non-routine experience of my life and Beloved's... I ask your prayers.

11 comments:

Processing Counselor said...

Prayers for you two. And thoughts and love.

August said...

((((((((((((vibes))))))))))))))))))

LittleMary said...

lots o prayers girl. and love.

Julie said...

I will keep you both in my prayers.

Suzer said...

Prayers ascending for you both.

Rev. Raggsdale said...

Prayers ascending for you both.

Anonymous said...

Prayers! Lots and lots of them!

IT said...

Thinking positive thoughts for an uneventful and successful procedure.

Unknown said...

Saying a prayer for you both. Underneath are the everlasting arms!

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

Here too, dear Cecilia.

--Susan said...

Pastor Cecelia,
Many prayers for you and your Beloved--including her hard headedness. (although I do understand wanting to be in my own space.)
--Susan